Since I've decided to stay at home, I've been looking for ways to meet new people. I must admit that I don't have many, really any, friends that have kids. And since I've been home I've realized that a lot of mom's in my same position spend a good amount of time with their mom's either on the phone or visiting each other. Since my mom is no longer around, I feel like I've got extra time on my hands, which means a lot of time to think. For me, lots of time to think is never a good thing. So I've started getting busy.
Just this past week I've really started to fill up my calendar. I'm going to a women's bible study for young mom's at my church, story time at Davis Kidd, and yesterday for the first time I went to a Stroller Strides class. It kicked my butt!
Stroller Strides is basically a workout that allows your baby to come along for the ride. We did things in this class that I didn't even do before I was pregnant! We ran hills, did suicides, which makes my husband laugh to think about, and did exercises called "burpies" ... very fitting, huh? The worst part about the class, all the women were about 10 years older than me, looked amazing, and were in way better shape than I've ever or will ever be in. I dragged way behind too ... which didn't really help my confidence!
Even though I am so sore today that I could hardly get out of bed, I highly recommend Stroller Strides. It's a great way to get back in shape after having a baby and the support of everyone in the class is amazing. If I stick with it, I may be in better shape than ever before. Not that I've ever really been in shape!
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment