
This weekend we're heading back to Oxford for the last Ole Miss home game. I can't believe football season is coming to an end and the holidays are upon us!
My very dear friend, Mary-Kathryn (aka MK) and I are in charge of the tailgate this weekend. Since we're playing LSU, we've decided to go with a cajun themed menu like mini muffalettas, a big sausage and cheese plate, jambalaya, spicy spinach and artichoke dip and some other tasty cajun treats.
For dessert we're going to do a tray of assorted goodies. I'm excited because we're making Love Knots. I totally forgot about this totally easy three ingredient dessert until my Mississippi Magazine came this month. They're the perfect combination of salty and sweet, and you can't have just one! My "SIL" actually made these for an Ole Miss tailgate last year and I thought they were "oh so good". I can't remember what she called them though?
So here's the recipe:
Makes 60 Knots
60 pecan halves toasted
1 (13 oz) bag of Rolos
1 (15 oz) bag of tiny pretzel twists
Toast pecans in single layer on cookie sheet for 10-15 minutes on 350. Turn oven down to 300. Unwrap rolos and place one rolo on top of one pretzel twist, making 60. Place on foil lined baking sheet and heat in oven for 3 minutes or until rolos begin to melt. Take out of oven and immediately press toasted pecan on top of each rolo. Best stored in a sealed tin.
You can check out our tailgating spot in the Grove here. It's a whole lot of fun!

No comments:
Post a Comment