Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Bottles

mWho ever knew that picking out a bottle to feed your baby would be so difficult! When I registered at Babies R Us for my baby showers, I just chose what everyone else told me to choose ... Avent or Dr. Brown's. So, I went with the Avent bottles. I just liked the way they looked better. Don't get me wrong, they have been great and have the perfect flow, but they leak! Not every time, but when they do it makes me want to scream. I look down at my poor son and he is drenched! Apparently there is a science to screwing on the top to the bottle. Screw it too tight and it leaks ... too loose, and it will leak. When the Avent bottles don't leak, honestly I love them. But every time I use them, my shoulders get tense thinking about putting another outfit in the dirty clothes hamper.

My sister-in-law swears by Dr. Browns bottles. I was about to order a set last night when I realized that they had so many parts to them. My bottle drying rack is about maxed out from pacis, pump supplies, and bottles already! Cleaning and sterilizing have become such a big part of my everyday life, so I say less is better. Plus, the tube that comes in the Dr. Brown's bottles looked like it would be a challenge to clean in itself.

So which bottles do I swear by? BornFree. I think they are the absolute best out of the selection us new moms have. There are three pieces to the bottle, but all are manageable and easy to clean. A couple of weeks ago, I bought two of the glass 5 oz. BornFree bottles. They work great! You will never believe why I decided to try BornFree Bottles. Nicole Ritchie uses them! Yes, why I know that, I don't know. Sometimes I research the craziest things on the Internet. So last night I ordered two more BornFree Bottles, this time plastic and the 9 oz size. Can't wait to see how the plastic ones work out. I'll keep you posted.



No comments:

Post a Comment