Thursday, September 17, 2009

Crunchy Cole Slaw


My best friend's mom makes the best cole slaw. I had never had cole slaw that didn't have mayo in it. Now, I will never go back. This crunchy cole slaw is addicting, if cole slaw can be. I think you'll love it.

One Bag of Cole Slaw (make sure it has carrots in it)
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
Crumbled up Ramen Noodles

Dressing:
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons vinegar
Chicken Flavor from Ramen Noodles Bag
Salt and Pepper to Taste

Put all of the dressing ingredients in a jar, or round tupperware, and shake. Pour over cole slaw before serving.

Note: this cole slaw does not keep well. In other words, don't make it well in advance of when you'll be serving it.

2 comments:

  1. it is so stinking good. how dare you start a blog and not tell me! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make a slaw that is a variation of this......very close, and it's good too!!

    ReplyDelete