Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Italian Chicken Vegetable Soup

I don't know about you, but I am ready for Fall! I love making that first bowl of homemade soup when it gets chilly outside. I found this recipe last year on the Food Network. It's by Paula Deen. It is so easy and so yummy!

2 T. Olive Oil
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
1 small onion, chopped
1 cup sliced carrots
2 1/2 cups sliced zucchini
2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano
2 (14.5 oz) cans chicken broth
Grated Parmesan

In a large dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken, and cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Add onion and carrot, and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in zucchini, diced tomatoes, and chicken broth. Bring to boil, reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Top each bowl of soup with fresh grated parmesan.

The soup is even better when it simmers for longer than 30 minutes or is served the next day. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. that sounds yummy. remind me to send you the sausage and corn chowder i made for us last night. lew loved it. and it was easy to make it low calorie...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The soup looks delish. I too am gearing up for cold-weather dinners. Just tonight, I made our Mom-the-House-Smells-Great Roasted Chicken (and yes, the house did smell great when everyone rolled in).

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks yummy, I needed another soup recipe. Surprisingly our weather is not cold yet, still in summer weather but since the school starts everyone has some kind of cold or flu so it's definitely soup season.
    Thank you for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so ready for all the fall food too. This one sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete