Wednesday, October 28, 2009

29 Gifts


Each morning I wake up at 7am to the sound of Webb rustling in his bassinet. Most mornings I struggle out of bed, feed him, and then making some coffee and watch the Today Show. I love the Today Show. I almost feel like Matt and Meredith are family ... okay not really, but at least old friends!

On Monday, they interviewed a girl named Cami who has been struggling with Multiple Sclerosis for some time. She was really down about her situation, felt helpless, and was exhausted. By the advice of a spirtual teacher, she was told she should "Give away each day for 29 days". The thought behind giving for 29 days was to take the focus off of her situation and onto others. She goes on to say that after giving for 29 days she felt rejuvenated, happy, and healthier. I don't really like the whole idea that this came from a spirtual teacher, but I do like the concept that we should not always focus on ourselves, but on others.

Even though I don't really consider myself to be a selfish person, I am selfish. My husband and I are not ones to jump at the opportunity to volunteer much or give much in general. However, we do give a ton to Goodwill!

In efforts to take the focus off of us, Casey and I have decided to take on the 29 day challenge. The only difference is, we are doing it with the idea that as Christians we are called to give and help others.

I hope it helps us change our attitude and outlook on life, and bring us closer to Christ! I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment