
My passion for cooking definitely came from my mom. She taught me so much in the kitchen. Lots that I wish I could remember! One thing that I love about my mother-in-law is how she's always trying new recipes just like me. This pumpkin cake recipe has recently become one of my favorites. It's perfect for the season and so easy to make. A small slice just won't cut it! It's really that good!
Pumpkin Cake
Cake -
1 package yellow cake mix
4 large eggs, beaten
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup water
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
Icing -
1 - 8oz. package cream cheese, softened
4 tablespoons margarine
1 - 16oz. package powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat oven to 325. Grease and flour bundt pan or cupcake pan.
Mix all ingredients and beat for 4 minutes.
Bake for 1 hour. (Bake less time for cupcakes)
Blend all ingredients for icing until smooth and ice cake once cooled.
Sprinkle with pecans or walnuts. Enjoy!

No comments:
Post a Comment