Sunday, December 6, 2009

Oh Ornament, Oh Ornament

(photo from Real Simple)
'
When it came time to decorate our first Christmas tree together, Casey and I decided we would add a special ornament to our tree each year. I feel like most couples decide to do this. We've actually stuck to it and it's been such a special and fun tradition.

It all started with a trip to Michael's where we bought some of our first ornaments, for 50% off of course. After all, that is what Michael's is good for over the holidays! We found two skiing reindeer that reminded us of our ski trip where we got engaged. Along the way we've picked up some other special ornaments like our NYC taxi cab, Hemingway house, SEE Rock City bird house, and Colonel Reb. It's been fun to think back about different trips and in some cases adventures we've had along the way. Wonder what ornament we'll get this year.

1 comment:

  1. I love ornaments that mean something, whether they're picked up on a trip, or just make you remember somebody special :)

    ReplyDelete