
image from the pioneer woman
Ingredients
3-4 lb whole chicken
Something to stuff in the chicken (I used carrots)
Canola Oil
Salt and Pepper (1/2 T. of sea salt and ground pepper)
Fresh Herbs (I used dried rosemary and thyme - 1/2 T. of each)
I always like to rinse off my chicken with water after pulling it out of the bag. Place chicken on baking sheet and pat chicken dry with paper towels. This helps ensure that you will have a crispy crust.
Mix together herbs with salt and pepper and pour in about 3 T. of canola oil. Then pour over chicken and rub on the skin, coating both sides of the chicken.
Place in a 450 degree oven, breast side up for about an hour. Check internal temp in the thigh to make sure it reaches 180 degrees.
Let chicken cool down for a bit once out of the oven, cut and enjoy every bite!
To see the pioneer womans detailed instructions click HERE.

maybe I should try this over the weekend!
ReplyDelete