Friday, December 3, 2010

foodie friday

so i guess you've figured out by now that i love the pioneer woman!

check out this pizza i made last week. mmmm mm!
it was simply delicioso and super fattening.
and of course totally worth it.


maybe i should ask for a new baking sheet for christmas.
i'm embarrassed to be showing it!

i used the pioneer woman's dough recipe and added my own toppings.

here's her recipe:

makes two crusts
1 t. active/instant yeast
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 t. kosher salt
1/3 c. extra virgin olive oil

Sprinkle yeast over 1 1/2 cups warm (not lukewarm) water. In a mixer, combine flour and salt.
With the mixer running on low speed (with paddle attachment), drizzle in olive oil until combined with flour. Next, pour in yeast/water mixture and mix until just combined.

Coat a separate mixing bowl with a light drizzle of olive oil, and form the dough into a ball. Toss to coat dough in olive oil, then cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and store in the fridge until you need it.

Dough tastes best if made at least 24 hours in advance, and 3 or 4 days is even better.

Preheat oven to 500 degrees.

Drizzle olive oil on a large baking sheet and use fingers to coat thoroughly. Remove HALF the pizza dough from the bowl. (I froze the extra dough for later.) Stretch pizza dough into a large rectangle, pressing with fingers to finish forming. Dough will be very thin.

Lightly drizzle a little olive oil on the dough and use fingers to spread.

This is when I stepped in ... I sprinkled kosher salt over the dough which I thought was such a good choice! Then added pizza sauce from Traders Joe's (super easy, super cheap!), shredded mozzarella, and pepperoni that I had on hand. We never have pepperoni in this house. But we had some leftover from the Ole Miss Tailgate because I over bought, as usual. Do you do that? It really annoys me that I do!

Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbly. Remove from pan and slice with a pizza cutter. Serve immediately!

2 comments:

  1. i need you to teach me to make dough. when i did it it was a total mess and was very chewy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you've got to try this recipe! i would eat the dough with just olive oil and salt on top dipped in marinara! ... actually, that sounds like a great idea. we'll talk.

    ReplyDelete