Thursday, May 17, 2012

dinner tonight

 i've been waiting for some kale to appear at my csa pickup
ever since i saw this post on style blueprint a couple of weeks ago.
this week it did!

tonight i'm going to give this yummy kale salad a shot.

picture from here.

1 pound kale
1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1 15 oz. can chickpeas, drained
1 small sweet onion, diced
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for prepping kale
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
salt and pepper

Wash kale, remove stems and chop into bite size pieces.
Be sure to let kale leaves dry.
Put kale in salad bowl and toss with 1 T. olive oil.
Toss and squeeze the leaves until they soften slightly and turn a deeper green.

Add onions, tomatoes and chickpeas.
Whisk mustard, 2 T. oil and vinegar together in separate bowl and pour over salad.
Toss salad well and season with salt and fresh ground pepper.

Can't wait to try this out!  I'm serving it with a rotisserie chicken I picked up at Costco yesterday.
We just got a membership and let me tell you it is the BEST!
I've always heard that and now I'm a believer ... more on that later.

2 comments:

  1. i love costco! did you know they have hanna andersson pj's??

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes!! but i had no clue they were so cheap! so exciting!

    ReplyDelete