Thursday, September 17, 2009

Best Banana Bread



I have always loved to make Banana Bread. When I have old bananas sitting around, I make banana bread. It makes me feel like I'm not wasting my groceries and it is a yummy treat for breakfast or dessert! I've modified the recipe for a healthy spin, and I don't think you'll be able to tell a difference. So here it goes ...

3 ripe bananas, mashed
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
3/4 cups light brown sugar
1 cup chopped pecans (my husband loves it with walnuts)
1/4 cup butter, melted (I have also substituted applesauce before to really cut calories)
1 egg
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 325. Combine all ingredients in one bowl and mix. Pour into greased loaf pan. I also like to make them as muffins. Bake for 1 hour. (If you are making muffins, it will take less time.)

This recipe is easy to double and easy to freeze for later. Make sure the bananas are ripe. The riper the better!

No comments:

Post a Comment