Thursday, September 17, 2009

Nashvegas!

Have you ever been to Nashville, aka Music City? I think it is a must if you are visiting the south. My husband and I have lived here for 5 1/2 years and we have done almost everything you can do in this town and eaten at just about every restaurant. Here are some recommendations if you plan to come visit us soon.

What to Do:
Country Music Hall of Fame

Bluebird Cafe - Nashville Songwriters at their best

Listen to music and have drinks on Broadway at Robert's Western World - by far the best Honky Tonk in Town!

Take the Nash Trash Tour - I haven't gotten to do this yet, but hear it is a must!

Catch a concert at the Historic Ryman Auditorium

See a show at the Grand Ole Opry

Go to a Titans Game

Watch the Predators Play

Visit Historic Franklin, TN - Only 30 minutes from Downtown Nashville

Where to Eat: (My Favorite Local Spots)
Loveless Cafe - Biscuits, Biscuits, Biscuits! And their ham is amazing too!

Fido - Best Coffee Shop in Town and best oatmeal

Copper Kettle - My favorite meat and three

Margot Cafe & Bar - Best Sunday Brunch

Jack's Bar-B-Que - Smokey bar-b-que goodness!

PM - for Sushi

Mafioza's Pizzeria - for Pizza and Yazoo draft beer, so good!

Rosepepper Cantina - get a Margarita and Fajitas

Eastland Cafe - Best atmosphere, dinner, and dessert

Where to Stay:
I used to work at a hotel, so I would recommend Loews Vanderbilt Hotel. Best Service you can get in town! The hotel is perfectly located between Downtown Nashville and fabulous shopping at Green Hills Mall and the Hill Center. The Hill Center has great shopping including: Anthropologie, Swoozies, West Elm, The Cosmetic Market, Posh Clothing Boutique, and Popo Kid's Clothing to name a few. Located right next to Loews is the new Hutton Hotel. Great decor and brand new. I would definitely check there too.

No comments:

Post a Comment