Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Chattanooga



Speaking of Chattanooga ... have you ever been? Such a great city! I was born and raised there and it has changed so much since I left 10 years ago. The downtown area has flourished so much in 10 years. It is a great destination for families with young children. Most activities and restaurants that are worth visiting are right on the Tennessee River. Here are my recommendations of what to do and where to eat while you are there. And a few hotels to check out too.

What to Do:


Chattanooga Lookouts Game - Affiliate to the Dodgers!






Where to Eat:
Lupi's - Get a Calzone

Tony's Pasta - Best Bread and Pasta

River Street Deli - Get a sandwich and take it to Coolidge Park

Nikki's Drive In - Best onion rings I've ever had! See these reviews.

St. John's - This is my dad's favorite restaurant in town.

Clumpies - Homemade Ice Cream and a Walk in Coolidge Park is a must!

You've gotta visit Greenlife Grocery while you are there too. You can shop or just eat. It is a natural food store that started in Chattanooga and expanded to Asheville. I may even like it better than Whole Foods!

Where to Stay:
The Sheraton Read House - A renovated historic hotel in the heart of downtown

Bluff View Inn - I stayed here the first night of my honeymoon. So quaint!

The Chattanoogan - Newer hotel to Chattanooga. Near foot of Lookout Mountain

You won't be disappointed if you head off to Chattanooga for a long weekend in the Fall, Spring or Summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment